Picnic and Grounds
Picnics at Picchetti Winery
The Picchetti Winery and Winery grounds are a private business that operate under a cooperative lease with the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District. Picchetti provides a public picnic area on the grounds from 11a.m. to 5p.m. daily. The Picchetti Winery grounds close to the public promptly at 5p.m.
If you are bringing a group of 20 or more to the grounds a reservation is required.
- Call the Tasting Room at (408)741-1310 to confim availability and to reserve your group visit.
- Carpooling in encouraged. Groups over 20 may require a Certificate of Liability Insurance and a $250 deposit to use the grounds depending on the activity.
- Picchetti provides 24 public picnic tables that seat 6-8 people each. Picnic tables are available on a first come, first serve basis. One picnic table per group.
- Groups over 20 people, without a permit or reservation may be asked to leave the grounds for the safety and management of the grounds and other visitors.
- Please do not feed the peacocks.
- Due to licensing and liability restrictions, we do not allow the following anywhere on our grounds: Pets, Smoking, or “Outside Alcohol.” (“Outside Alcohol” is defined as any alcoholic beverage not purchased from Picchetti Winery on-site the day of your visit.) Picchetti provides wines for sale by the glass or bottle for your convenience in the Tasting Room.
- Child supervision is required at all times. Our staff reserves the right to ask that families depart the grounds if supervision does not meet our standards. (Please note, the "rattlesnake" signs are real!).
- No ball games or barbeques are allowed on the winery grounds.
- Please note that we cannot pour wine, or have guests anywhere on the premises, after the posted closing time.